Update: 7/27 – the Seashell restaurant has been sold. Those of us who love Folly Beach can’t wait to see what it becomes!
Now normally I don’t do commercial real estate, but this is an opportunity I don’t think should be passed up. This restaurant (formerly the Seashell) for sale at 41 Center St, Folly Beach, SC has been on the market for a couple years and the price has just been reduced from $2,599,000 (and it’s NOT a short-sale). The owner is motivated to sell – NOW. So what do you get for $1,699,000?
- A Turn-key property. You can have a restaurant up and running in one week. It includes everything down to the forks and knives.
- Restaurant seats 130 at 2,912 sq ft
- Parking lot for 32 cars
- Large outdoor patio at 851 sq ft fronting Center St (the main shopping/dining area on Folly Beach)
- 1BR Cottage in the back that rents for $1000/month.
- Purchased for approximately $1.1M in 2001, added an additional $1M+ in renovations. All new electrical, plumbing, roof, walls (cinder block, rebar and concrete), kitchen and fixtures. Thermopane windows.
- Custom furniture, fixtures and lighting
- Largest Back of House on Folly Beach
Architect: Dan Sweeney
Interior Designer: Amelia Handegan
Hardscape/Landscape Designer: Sheila Wertimer, one of Charleston’s most famous landscape architects.
Kitchen Designer: Al Berger, also designed Peninsula Grill, Tristan and Hanks in Downtown Charleston
The property is represented by Dunes Properties Real Estate. Contact me for more information and to schedule a tour 843.412.3333.
Click here for a link to a Picasa Slideshow or click the picture below
|Restaurant for Sale at 41 Center St Folly Beach SC – $1,699,000|
About Folly Beach and the restaurant scene
Folly Beach is one of three barrier islands located 15 minutes from Downtown Charleston. Called “The Edge of America”, the Folly community is reminiscent of a 1950s beach town with all the modern amenities. While most of the island has homes for permanent residents or vacation rentals, its primary hotel, the Holiday Inn, just completed major renovations in 2009 (and they are stunning). Added to that is a new chic beachside restaurant and bar, Blu. Other recent restaurant/bar openings include Center Street Kitchen, The Drop-In, Rita’s Grill, the Folly Beach Brewing Company, and Tokyo Crepe.