Dunes properties is a locally-owned full-service real estate and vacation rental company in Charleston. While we started out on Isle of Palms in 1989, we now serve most of the Charleston Coast with five office locations – Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, Kiawah/Seabrook, Mount Pleasant, and Downtown Charleston. Today, we represent the Lowcountry with over 80 exclusive beach vacation rental properties, more than 95 real estate agents and employees and many plans for the future.
Our company culture is one of experience, ethics and collaboration, and you’ll often find us talking about our ‘dunes family’ with pride. We are committed to not only serving our clients, but also our beloved Charleston community.
- In November, dunes properties integrated a previously-owned boutique real estate agency on North Highway 17 into our family of offices. We have since temporarily incorporated those agents into our Isle of Palms office while our new office at 835 Coleman Boulevard is under construction.
- In March, the company launched a new and improved website, featuring a powerful real estate search as well as a new platform for searching and booking vacation rentals.
- In January, dunes properties opened an office at Bohicket Marina to better serve the Kiawah, Seabrook, and Johns Island areas.
- The company re-introduces an exclusive Vacation Rental Program on Isle of Palms and Wild Dunes.
- In June, dunes properties opened The Real Estate Studio at 214 King Street, in the heart of the historic shopping district, adjacent to Charleston Place and just south of Market Street.
- Opened sales office on Seabrook Island.
- The company exceeds $200 million in real estate sales, a good portion coming from the traditionally residential Mt. Pleasant market.
- dunes properties continues its representation of upscale developments with The Renaissance condominium project in Mt. Pleasant overlooking Charleston Harbor.
- The company breaks the news of a 24-unit project at 1140 Ocean Boulevard on Isle of Palms … and sells the entire inventory in three hours!
- Our Folly Beach office opens at 31 Center Street.
- dunes properties opens office serving Johns Island and the resorts on Kiawah and Seabrook with the acquisition of Benchmark Rental of Kiawah Island.
- The company expands its portfolio with a major new development: Charleston Oceanfront Villas on Folly Beach, a 96-unit condominium community.
- Early adoption of the internet as an information and marketing tool for real estate results in dunesproperties.com, the company’s website.
- dunes properties acquires Century 21 – The Atlantic Group increasing market share in both real estate and vacation rentals on the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island.
- The company closes $24 million in real estate sales, marking the largest single year-over-year growth in its brief history.
- Gross rental sales exceed $1 million for the first time, signaling the growing importance and value of that part of the business.
- dunes properties moves its offices to 1400 Palm Boulevard, where the Isle of Palms office remains today.
- On January 9, dunes properties of Charleston opens its doors.
- dunes properties wins contract to represent Ocean Club at Wild Dunes, an upscale condominium community.
- On September 22, Hurricane Hugo crashes into the Charleston Coast.
To see the fun side of dunes properties – check out our annual “Battle of the Bags” tournament at Folly Beach, benefiting the Folly Angels – a cancer care organization.